At PRODA , we are harnessing the power of machine learning to solve core data processing pain points in the real estate industry. We believe that unstructured data is a key barrier to digital transformation in this space.
Our software automates property data capture and standardisation. This enhances the efficiency of analysis and reporting tasks for real estate professionals, and helps them to unlock the true value of their data.
We are looking for senior engineers to expand our application’s capabilities in data ingestion, data exports, data standardisation and machine learning. We work in a functional programming stack in Haskell and Elm, together with machine learning components written in Python. Our development process includes CI/CD and automated tests. All developers work closely with our Chief Product Officer.
- We want you to be someone to really help shape the future of the development team, have real impact on strategy and architecture, and be the lead on our most important projects.
- This is a permanent, full-time role. The core hours are 9AM–6PM Monday–Friday.
- Potential for remote work.
- Salary: £50–85k p/a + equity options, depending on experience.
Skills and experience
- Significant experience in a functional programming language, for instance: Haskell, Scala, F#, Ocaml, Clojure, etc.
- Significant experience in a major RDBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server.
- Significant exposure to Linux and shell scripting in Bash.
- Experience with basic machine learning algorithms, scikit-learn, Python, numPy, and pandas.
- Experience with AWS Cloud services, particularly EC2, RDS, Codedeploy, Codebuild, Codepipelines, S3.
- Experience with build tools: Webpack, Makefiles.
- Experience with web servers: basics of load balancers, Nginx configuration, etc.
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub.
- Familiarity with Docker.
Working at PRODA
As an early-stage startup, life at PRODA is fast-paced and collaborative. Our day-to-day work is solving interesting problems using smart technologies, and we pride ourselves on an environment where we can rapidly develop new skills, learn from each other, and truly see the impact of our work.
We believe that our product is transformative, and we work hard to ensure it reaches its potential. Our team is our greatest asset: we are a close-knit group who pull together to achieve our goals, but we also like to have fun!
- We are based at a WeWork on London's South Bank. Our modern, open office has communal areas, quiet spaces, table games, and unlimited drinks and snacks (plus beers in the evenings).
- We offer full zero-excess private health insurance with optician and dental cashback.
- We proactively seek professional development opportunities, including training and peer-to-peer learning sessions, visiting specialists, and attending conferences and meetups.
- We hold regular team meals and social activities.
Please note that we cannot sponsor employment visas at this time.